AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
Hotel and Travel Information
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
1088 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R9
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel is located in the heart of the city taking up a full city block. There are 744 newly renovated guestrooms with floor to ceiling windows shows off all the different neighborhoods of this beautiful city. The Sheraton Wall Centre was named the Best New Skyscraper of Vancouver in 2001. Each room is equipped with complimentary internet access and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds that will ensure a good night’s rest for every guest. Rates for attendees are $159.00 (plus $27.79 tax) CAD* per night for one or two adults, $189.00 (+$35.04) for three or $219.00 (+$40.61) for four. Family suites ($209+$38.75), deluxe corner ($199+$36.89) and club floor ($214+$39.67) rooms are also available.
Overflow hotel rooms are provided across the street at the Century Plaza Hotel.
Air Travel. Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is served by American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines, US Airways and 44 other regional and international airlines. The airport is located 8.0 miles south of the Sheration Wall Center.
- There is no hotel shuttle to/from airport.
- Taxi takes about 20 minutes and will cost $33-$40 (plus tip).
- Uber is not currently available in Vancouver, but may be in time for AMS/SMT.
- TransLink SkyTrain "Canada Line" runs about every 7 minutes and takes 40-50 minutes. There is a 5 minute walk to the station at the airport, and 7 minute walk from station to hotel.
Train and Bus Service. Vancouver Pacific Central Station services Amtrak as well as Greyhound. The station is located at 1150 Station St., Vancouver, 1.8 miles from the hotel. SkyTrain services this station and there is a train and 3 minutes walk to hotel.
Ground Transportation around Vancouver TransLink provides public transportation in the Vancouver. Click here for more information on Fares and Online purchasing.
- Self-service parking at the Sheraton Wall Center is $30.00 per day, valet parking availble for $33.00 per day.
- Google Map
- Driving directions available at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Looking for a roommate?
* All dollar values quoted in this article are listed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
AMS/SMT Vancouver 2016
This page will be updated regularly as the meeting date approaches. .