Committee on the History of the Society
New! Watch the 2015 open session on the history of the Society held at the Louisville Annual Meeting
The Committee's charge is to
- document the development of musicology in the United States and Canada;
- build the oral history of the AMS;
- serve as an advisory body for the AMS archives at the University of Pennsylvania.
Their work to accomplish these goals continues throughout the year.
Society members' special collections initiative. The committee wishes to identify as many collections of Society members' papers as possible. Please help us! If you are aware of a library collection of members' papers, please tell us about it. A short email with a link to the library or further information about the collection will suffice. Write to the committee c/o the AMS office, email@example.com.
The oral history project continues to grow.
Do you have a story to tell or an unusual perspective to add? We would love to hear from you! You may either contact the committee, or if you are ready, simply record and send your story to us. The oral history project is open to all members. Email us c/o firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply mail a recording to the committee c/o the AMS office.
- Committee Working Documents
- Important Links
- Articles and Documents (coming soon)
- Papers of selected musicologists